Dark Veil Studios is looking to bring a high quality team member with skills in Writing. We want a professional project minded team member that has great prose and creative talents in world building and developing our product universes and content.
About Dark Veil Studios LLC.,
We are a new studio focused on fantasy/adventure game and geek culture products specifically focused on ttrpg, board-game, and novel publishing. Our mission is to bring top tier quality products to a new generation audience. The company is currently focused on increasing the brand of our new IP Dark Veil. We focus on creating the best buying experience for TTRPG fans, excellent customer experience and top notch exclusive products.
We are currently a very small team focused on cultivating a great new ip, we need new team members to help us grow to become a major player in the gaming space. We are looking for someone to help usher the brand into even greater success by helping to create new products, while also expanding reach and optimizing connections with our upcoming IP. As a TTRPG writer, your responsibilities will grow from writing content for our upcoming products to developing strategic storytelling direction of current and future products.
This position is commission based per writing project. The position is highly incentivized and performance based that, in some cases, may lead to a full time salary role. We want to build a team trust in this role to become a future leader of the business in this division. This is a factor of our size and we want you to help us make this company the next big thing in the industry.
• Be an avid TTRPG and geek-culture fan, player and consumer recommended but not required. You need to know your customer and need to be heavily involved in the TTRPG culture.
• Work with Creative Director and art team to develop long term story arc direction and story strategies for the company.
• Determine correct trends for story direction and own responsibilities of story directions for your work.
• Technical writing and creative writing.
• Work on a timeline to produce content as required to meet deadlines.
• Help sign off and manage submission materials from writers
• Work with editing team and art team to deliver culture goals
• 3+ years experience in professional writing.
• Previous experience writing for TTRPG or Fantasy/Sci-fi Audiences.
• Experience with storytelling
• Experience in world building.
• Experience delivering on deadlines.
• Positive cultural attitude with a flexible team-oriented approach.
• Desire to work at a company that is new.
• Motivation to to build and grow the brand into something great.
Commission pay to start. Negotiated based on experience.
Benefits: Flexible schedule to bring you in part time and slowly create a full time role with benefits that suit your needs • Full remote work life balance • Ground floor of new business • Costs covered for conventions and required travel • Develop a massive portfolio working in a new IP
Flexible to your schedule
Education: Written/English or some form of equivalent experience.
Work Location: Full Remote (could change in future post-covid-19 restrictions)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Quality oriented -- quality and precision -- focused on quality over time
• Project Managed Direction -- project based workflow and production processes
• Detailed -- accuracy of detail -- accuracy of Brand Message
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• (not required at this time as role is 100% remote)
Submit applications as a TTRPG Writer directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE 500 WORDS EXAMPLE OF YOUR WRITING. WE WILL ONLY READ THE FIRST 500 WORDS PROVIDED.